The Early Childhood Educational Advisor is available for free, on-site assessments of outdoor play areas located in Hamilton, Humboldt & Wright Counties. The Advisor is trained through the National Program for Playground Safety (NPPS) and uses the Safety Report Card in an effort improve and maintain the quality and safety of where our children play.
Since 1995, NPPS has been the leader in research, training, and development of S.A.F.E. play areas in the nation! There are four contributing factors to properly maintain a safe playground atmosphere.
- Provide proper supervision of children on playgrounds
- Design age-appropriate playgrounds
- Provide proper fall surfacing under and around playgrounds
- Properly maintain playground equipment.
- Every child has the right to play
- All children need to learn to play and play to learn
- Every child is entitled to a safe, positive, nurturing, and fun play experience in the play environment
Additional Online Resources: